Friday, November 28, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving in Houston


Well, this is going to be my experiment with blogging. We'll see if I can keep up with this and hopefully keep you all updated on the exciting events that will transpire over the next month and months to come.

This year we had no choice but to remain here in Houston due to baby King being due within the month. We were lucky enough to have family come to us though! The South Carolina Kings and Jesse and West Coast Becky came. We also had friends, Peggy and Michael, from the Vineyard come by with their dog "Wrench". After dinner, we went to a nearby park (for lack of any near by mountains) and let the dogs run and play Frisbee (Bailey's all time favorite activity). It just doesn't seem right for the temperature to be cooler inside that out, as I think it was around 80 degrees on Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning !! I feel so honored to be one of the first to view your blog. Becky - you look great !! And Ellis looks so proud and happy. The house is looking great too - I caught a glimpse of the floors, etc. Please keep me included in this special time in your life. I know how hectic life gets and that's evident in the fact that we haven't had a chance to see each other. Lots has been going on in mine since "IKE" - will fill you in later. Love to you both - Pam B.

Ryan - ForgottenVoices.org said...

SOOOO exciting! I can't wait to meet baby king. :) :) :) praying for you three and love you all a lot! rejoicing with you. -Ryan & Katie

Toni said...

We had a wonderful visit! Ellis and Becky have created a warm, comfortable home that is a joy to visit. And Becky is very pregnant, full of energy as well as baby!