In an out of earth experience yesterday, I overheard Emrey actually playing with Eli and making him laugh! I say this, because these days, often I feel like all I do is mediate between the two of them and remind, remind, remind Emrey to "be gentle, not to take things, be sweet with your words, give Eli space"....the list goes on.
Well, I've been feverishly trying to get our guest room painted as we have grandma coming to visit and then Sarah and Uncle Keith in a few weeks. Trying to paint a room with two toddlers is pretty comical. I try to do it when Eli's sleeping, and Em is having "quiet time"...but I've resorted to doing it while their awake, so that I can just get it done!! Well, it was when I was finishing up the last finishing touches on the wall...that I hadn't heard from them in a while...and that always makes me nervous! Then, I heard it....Eli laughing (not the crying that I usually hear when they end up alone together). Yes, he was laughing! I slowly poked my head around the corner, not wanting to interrupt them...or have them see me and come running in...and there they were. It sounds trivial, but it was HUGE! Emrey was building a tower with blocks, and letting Eli knock it over (something he just LOVES to do these days). Every time he knocked it over he did his little gut laugh and she laughed as well, it was the cutest thing ever...to me at least. It made me so happy and encouraged to see them playing together. It gave me hope for the future, that some day, they will be buddies!
I am so blessed and so thankful for that little moment!
Today, I am especially grateful for my two sweet children.
What a gift they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment