Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome Baby King !!












Well, After beginning to think that baby King would never come...my water broke on 12/23 around noon. After calling my doctor and getting the word to head to the hospital, Ellis came home to drive me and we were off. It was nothing like we had anticipated, as we were both calm, cool and collected, packing my bags and driving to the hospital. I was not having any contractions or signs of labor other than my water continuing to slowly leak out. After an hour of debating with our nurse at the hospital, I agreed to take pitocin to get my labor started. I was started on pitocin around 5:30pm, and started having some mild contractions around 7. By 8:30, these had turned into more consistent, stronger contractions and by 10, I wanted to die! Around 11:00 I felt the urge to push and was told I needed to wait for my doctor (who happened to be on call that night). She arrive around 20 minutes later and at 11:41 (Texas time), Emrey Grace King arrived! What a joy to finally meet this little girl, (who looks nothing like her mother). She is all Dad! And so beautiful! She has bright, big blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair, long finger nails and toes and the most perfect little hands! She weighed in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. and did I mention she was perfect? We are so thankful to God for giving us a healthy, lovely little girl and for allowing us the honor to be parents and the chance to shape this little life!

Nanna, Pappo and Aunt Sarah were here for a week, to help with changing diapers and holding little Emrey. What a HUGE help! We were very sad to see them go and wish more than ever that we were living closer to home, but we will hope that some day soon, we can be a bit closer.

We went to Emrey's 2 week follow up appointment at her doctors office yesterday and she has gained so much weight, we can now go to "on demand" feedings! This is great for me, as she is currently sleeping 4-5 hours at a pop at night, so I no longer have to wake her up to eat every 3-4 hours and we can all get a little more sleep!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I was so eager to hear your birth story Becky and it sounds like it went great! I'm so glad she's growing well, sleeping well and you had family to help that first week. I wish we lived closer to you so we could help you out these first couple months so that you could get some more rest and eat good meals! Emrey is beautiful and I'm so so happy for you! (Love the name by the way) :)