Sunday, May 12, 2013

 
Mother's Day 2013
May 12th
 
I'm determined to be better about blogging.  Part of my excuse about being absentee was that our computer was on the fritz and I had no way to access our pics...but we are back up and running.  I'm totally exhausted from the day, but I wanted to do a quick post to show these two adorable kiddos...my kids, who make me a mom!  I had the best mother's day I can remember!  Ellis let me sleep in, while he and Emrey made muffins!  I rolled downstairs to sit outside on the back porch with a morning mimosa and we skipped church and went on this great hike at the Lair of the Bear, on the way up to Evergreen.  We hit up Chipoltle for dinner on the way home and found a great ice cream place that was giving out free scoops for mother's day!  We ended the day by getting to look through the telescope to see Jupiter with Emrey, who is amazingly still awake at 9:00 (I'm not sure where she gets her energy).  As always, I am feeling incredibly blessed and am counting my many things to be thankful for, including baby #3...quickly approaching!  Soon, I'll get some ultrasound pics up for this poor kid!
 
 



Who brought the fat Kid!!  Wow..only 23 weeks prego, but I look like I'm ready to pop!

We found a very cool castle toward the end of our hike. 

 

unfortunately, the doors were locked.  Emrey was very curious to know if there was a "real prince" that lived inside?

On our way back, Emrey fell in love with a little worm in the stream.


Eli was very curious, but not enough to hold it.

He loved getting his feet dirty in the mud and kept saying "it IS slippery mom"

Emrey feet 4.5 years old

Em had a hard time saying goodbye to the worm and it took a fair amount of convincing that he would be happier in the stream than coming home with us.

No comments: